Back to About Us
Board of Directors
What We Do
Friends of Zambia Commitments in Zambia
Increasing Investment in Zambia
1. Working to establish a Youth Investment
Fund that supports youth employment and enterprise through microfinance,
loans, investment capital for small and medium-sized businesses, business
mentoring, apprenticeships, and internships (in progress).
2. Several Friends have invested in small and micro businesses of
3. Friends of Zambia member, the African Development Foundation, is
supporting Out Grower farming sectors in the Copperbelt and Central
Provinces. In addition they have begun supporting two coffee projects
in the Northern Province, and beekeeping and honey products in North-Western
Encouraging New Investment & Promoting
4. Members of Friends of Zambia have published
articles in newspapers and journals in the United States promoting
interest and support for Zambia.
5. Brought over 80 businessmen and women, philanthropists, doctors
and investors to Zambia for trips to encourage involvement of American
and European businesses and individual’s in Zambia’s people
Meeting Immediate Needs Through Donations
6. Friends of Zambia member, the Nike Foundation
is investing in Campaign for Female Education (CAMFED) in the amount
of US $400,000 and has recently selected Zambia as one of its five
7. Supported young Zambian students to earn their graduate degrees.
8. Support local projects, hospices and hospitals in Lusaka and Mongu
with financial contributions and supplies.
9. Supplies shipped to Zambia worth US $50,000: including computers,
sewing machines, medical supplies, and school supplies.
10. Donation of seven Vaxi Cool Refrigerators to Government of Zambia
through the Embassy of the Republic of Zambia in Washington D.C.
11. Donation to Lusaka Girl’s School to fund a science lab and